Threads: first milestone completed

Herb Sutter hsutter at microsoft.com
Sun Oct 31 04:30:21 GMT 2004

Re paper: I would very much like to see this paper -- can I please get a
copy? I am interested in getting the key expert(s) within Microsoft
looking at this topic as part of understanding where we are in both the
JVM and the CLR w.r.t. this topic.

Also, is there any known existing practice in C++ compilers? (I have yet
to ask about my own group's product.)

If there is a clear best answer here then ideally everyone would
implement it essentially the same way. That would be great for users.

Herb