Items for consideration

Ben Hutchings ben at decadentplace.org.uk
Thu Sep 2 21:10:36 BST 2004

With my opinion of their priority:

10 changes to observable behaviour, sequence of operations
10 minor changes to exception support specification
10 simple mutexes
10 standard library thread-safety guarantees
 9 simple condition variables (monitors)
 7 thread-specific storage (thread-local storage)
 7 thread creation, exiting, joining
 7 more complex mutexes and cvs (timeouts, reentrancy, etc.)
 7 reader-writer locks
 7 synchronised static initialisation
 5 memory barriers
 5 lock-free atomic operations
 5 thread priority control
 2 precise semantics for volatile
 2 synchronous cancellation
 1 asynchronous cancellation

Is anything missing here?  Do these roughly match other people's
priorities?

If we can agree on a list of priorities then I suggest we work down
that list and include as much as we (and the committee) have time for.

--
Ben Hutchings
Lowery's Law: