[cpp-threads] pthreads (was: RE: C++ Connections proposal)

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:56:46 BST 2005

On 4/26/05, Doug Lea <dl at cs.oswego.edu> wrote:

> Rather than bicker among themselves :-), could the new members
> arguing for the "pthreads can be saved" position write a simple
> non-XDB-jargon-filled summary of roughly how they propose to do this
> within the scope of the C++ standard?

Pthread's "memory model" is XBD 4.10, sorry. The current version
can be found here:

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/xbd_chap04.html#tag_04_10
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/xrat/xbd_chap04.html#tag_01_04_10

Somwhat recent DRs and proposed replacement are here:

http://www.decadentplace.org.uk/pipermail/cpp-threads_decadentplace.org.uk/2005-April/000222.html

As for "memory locations"

http://www.opengroup.org/austin/mailarchives/ag/msg03986.html

and what can cause "modifications", I give up, sorry. Language issue.

regards,
alexander.