[cpp-threads] pthreads (was: RE: C++ Connections proposal)

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:22:51 BST 2005

On 4/27/05, Nelson, Clark <clark.nelson at intel.com> wrote:
[...]
> I'm sorry, but I'm afraid the adjacent bit-field rule isn't good enough.
> Consider a case like the following:
>
> struct X { char a; int b: 16; char c; };

Yup. I need to go now, so pardon for yet another link (you might want
to read the entire "Memory isolation" thread):

http://www.google.de/groups?selm=4135A3B5.EBC59C77%40web.de

> Clark Nelson            Vice chair, J16 (ANSI C++ standard committee)

Many moons back BTW, I was told that

"....
 For your information, this subject was discussed at the last
 meeting of the British C++ standards panel, and the consensus
 seemed to be that it was an issue worth pursuing further. This
 doesn't mean it will be dealt with by the next C++ standard,
 but it is one step closer."

"this subject" == "Memory isolation"

http://tinyurl.com/55dw

regards,