[cpp-threads] Corrected Draft Plan for Threads in C++

Lawrence.Crowl at Sun.com Lawrence.Crowl at Sun.com
Thu Apr 28 12:10:56 BST 2005

    This mailing is a corrected version of the original.  Somehow
    I managed to send out an old one.  In addition, some folks had
    trouble with the earlier attachment, and I have attempted to
    correct the problem.

The recent Lillehammer meeting of the ISO C++ standards committee
showed significant support for standardizing threads within C++.
Unfortunately, there seems to be unrelated proposals for related
issues.  The attached paper is a draft attempt to organize the thinking
and goals for full thread support in C++.  Please send me your comments
by Thursday.  I will collect those comments and submit a revised
version in time for the post-Lillehammer mailing on Friday.

This email has rather broad circulation.  If you get two copies, I
apologize.

  Lawrence Crowl             650-786-6146   Sun Microsystems, Inc.
                   Lawrence.Crowl at Sun.com   901 San Antonio Road, UMPK16-303
           http://www.Crowl.org/Lawrence/   Palo Alto, California, 94303