[cpp-threads] memory model

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:31:49 BST 2005

On 4/28/05, Doug Lea <dl at cs.oswego.edu> wrote:
[...]
> That said, Alexander: I think most people are in favor of
> something close to your atomic templates. Could you
> write up and send to list a self-contained initial
> proposal for people to work on?

I do not know much about writing proposals: that is not my
trade.

Hoist and sink stuff is nothing but constituents of classic
acquire and release. As for cc and dd on hoist stuff, they
are simply optimizations meant to take advantage of implied
ordering due to data dependencies and conditional branching
on existing hardware (e.g. cchsb is implied on all existing
hardware and ddhsb/ddhlb/ddacq on everything except {RIP-}
Alpha AFAIK). See also:

http://www.google.de/groups?selm=4251896E.5D7F03D5%40web.de

regards,
alexander.