[cpp-threads] atomic operations package

Doug Lea dl at cs.oswego.edu
Wed Aug 24 13:31:04 BST 2005

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> On 8/23/05, Peter Dimov <pdimov at mmltd.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
>>The C people would never accept the <> syntax. They hate templates with a
>>passion. :-)
>

> Why not simply give a bunch of macros to templates haters?

Why not just kill the sync arguments all together and hardwire
all of the possibilities into different functions? When Hans eventually
(and inevitably :-) convices you that we can only support relatively
small number (max 4?) of them per load/store/CAS, there won't be enough
of them to warrant macro/template treatment anyway.