pre-LilleHammer mailing deadline

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Mon Mar 7 01:43:59 GMT 2005

Doug -

One nit:

I would have phrased the guideline for volatiles as requiring that
variables "used for inter-thread communication" be made volatile.
For DCL, only the pointer or flag needs to be volatile, not the
data being initialized.  And that's essential.  If I hear no
objections, I'll change that.

Admittedly the rephrasing is more vague than the original, but that's
OK.