Thread APIs

Kevlin Henney kevlin at curbralan.com
Mon Mar 7 11:57:03 GMT 2005

In message <422C38FB.5080704 at cs.oswego.edu>, Doug Lea <dl at cs.oswego.edu>
writes

>Rather than leaving this for another 3day spurt 6months from
>now :-), we should at least see if the Executor/Future approach
>looks like it will succeed. How about:
>
>1. Kevlin: Propose a concrete API.
>
>2. Doug Schmidt and others: Confirm that this ...
>    * is easily supported in ACE, Boost, pthreads, Win32, uC++, ...
>    * covers all of the use cases worth covering. That is,
>        are there common concurrent programs/components that
>        cannot be written using the API?
>
>3. Rinse, repeat.

Excellent idea.

I am in the middle of a couple of things at the minute, so I will not be
able to make much progress on this today or tomorrow, but I can start
offering some ideas after that.

Kevlin

   Kevlin Henney                   phone:  +44 117 942 2990
   mailto:kevlin at curbralan.com     mobile: +44 7801 073 508
   http://www.curbralan.com        fax:    +44 870 052 2289
   Curbralan: Consultancy + Training + Development + Review