[cpp-threads] pthreads cancellation

Kevlin Henney kevlin at curbralan.com
Mon May 2 15:54:46 BST 2005

In message <42701BCA.9030209 at cs.oswego.edu>, Doug Lea <dl at cs.oswego.edu>
writes

>(Kevlin: I owe you a set of comment on the proposal you
>posted last week, but one quick note about it
>is that I think you need to tie in uniform task cancellation
>support. Which  I think means that you don't want to
>separate out joiners.)

What was the specific issue you had in mind? I had envisaged that
cancellation is something that is carried out through joiners (or the
currently opaque thread identity returned from threadof).

Kevlin

   Kevlin Henney                   phone:  +44 117 942 2990
   mailto:kevlin at curbralan.com     mobile: +44 7801 073 508
   http://www.curbralan.com        fax:    +44 870 052 2289
   Curbralan: Consultancy + Training + Development + Review