[cpp-threads] modes, pass 2

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:37:46 BST 2005

On 5/9/05, Peter Dimov <pdimov at mmltd.net> wrote:

[... isync ...]

> it's a #loadload as well; it could be technically possible for an earlier
> load to "sink" below a later load, even with an intervening isync. But the
> Load Hit Load rule seems to prevent that;

How so? Load Hit Load is about "two loads to the same memory
location ... a store to the memory location from another
processor between the intervening loads ... younger load obtains
old data, the older load must not obtain new data". How's that
plus intervening isync can order load a -> load b is beyond me.

regrads,
alexander.