[cpp-threads] Memory model counterproposal: synchronizedoperations

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri May 27 01:39:05 BST 2005

I'm also not sure that it's rare in regular C/C++.

Would the compiler benefit much from such a rule?  My mental
model is that an auto variable which has had it's address
taken (and the address has escaped sufficiently that the compiler
can't track it) pretty much needs to be treated like a global anyway?