[cpp-threads] meta-question about Ada

jimmaureenrogers at att.net jimmaureenrogers at att.net
Tue Oct 18 22:08:10 BST 2005

-------------- Original message from "Boehm, Hans" <hans.boehm at hp.com>: --------------

> Just to be clear. I wasn't implying that C syntax is a technical
> requirement for a good systems programming language. It does seem to be
> a marketing requirement, however.

I understood that.
I have seen many people claim that C syntax is important to marketing.
The Ada example may be a very good example of that point.

I have seen people new to Ada complain about the lack of familiar
arithmetic operators such as ++ and +=. It appears unlikely that
Ada will ever add those operators.

--
Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado