[cpp-threads] Additional hotel space for the Aug 23-25 concurrency meeting

Herb Sutter hsutter at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 8 22:45:42 BST 2006

[NOTE: If you intend to come but are not on the list of names below, PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP TO RSVP so that we have enough breakfast/coffee in the room, even if you're staying at an alternative hotel.]

Hi all,

I'm cc'ing c++std-ext (ISO C++ Evolution Working Group) and omp-lang (OpenMP language list) as a courtesy FYI in case there are any more who have been undecided, so they'll know where to make registrations.

More folks than expected have registered, including several OpenMP liaisons which is great to see, and the meeting hotel has sold out. Fortunately, there are about eight other hotels a 10-minute walk away. Here is a map showing the other hotels you can try, along with contact information and "call for free" free-long-distance links:

  http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&ss=hotels&cp=47.633823~-122.142627&style=h&lvl=15&scene=3689165

Number 7 is the meeting hotel. Numbers 1-4 are normal hotels, and I believe 6, 8, and 9 are more temporary-housing style places if you want more room and a kitchen. Note that we have not negotiated any special room rates at these hotels, sorry.

Although breakfast and coffee are being served in the room, I know some of you are already planning for your morning outside-hotel espresso stops. For your pleasure, here is another useful map with "hotels" AND "coffee" (just click on those tabs at left to switch between the two lists):

  http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&ss=hotels~coffee&cp=47.633823~-122.142627&style=h&lvl=15&scene=3689165

Enjoy!

Here is a list of people who have RSVP'd as definite or probable. I expect a few more to attend from other companies I'm speaking with that are not yet represented here.

  Andrei Alexandrescu (University of Washington)

  Pete Becker (Roundhouse Consulting)

  Hans Boehm (HP)

  Walter Bright (Digital Mars)

  Lawrence Crowl (Google)

  Beman Dawes (self)

  Bronis R. de Supinski (Lawrence Livermore National Labs, OpenMP)

  Kevin Frei (Microsoft)

  Ion Gaztañaga (CAF)

  Howard Hinnant (Apple)

  Jim Hogg (Microsoft)