[cpp-threads] Yet another visibility question

Nelson, Clark clark.nelson at intel.com
Wed Dec 13 01:37:22 GMT 2006

> The remaining ones (modification order,
> inter-thread-ordered-before, and
> synchronizes with) really just contribute to happens-before.  Thus I
> guess we have a choice about whether to introduce them.  The down side
> of not introducing them seems to be that it makes discussions and
> explanations harder.  (I have to admit, I don't like
> inter-thread-ordered-before as a name.  Getting rid of both it and
> synchronizes-with might be a win.)

Well, it's nice that the auxiliary relations are the ones with the
complicated names, and vice versa -- but I suppose that's not a
coincidence.

Now I'm wondering if there might be any value in somehow explicitly
distinguishing the auxiliary relations from the principal relations.
(Something like defining "synchronizes with" et al. in an anonymous
namespace local to section 1.10. :-)

Clark