[cpp-threads] Somewhat relevant technical report

Nelson, Clark clark.nelson at intel.com
Wed Jan 4 19:09:07 GMT 2006

[Now that I've returned from vacation....]

> In the slightly longer term, I'm not very confident that I
> can draft the
> appropriate standardese without substantial help.  Will you
> have time to
> help with that?  Are there other standardese experts on this list who
> can help with beating the text into shape?

It has always been my intention to help with the drafting of the
standardese. But as Herb points out, we have to get agreement in
principle on the content before there's much point in working on the
form.

One of the most interesting questions to address in Berlin will be what
to do with the term/concept "sequence point". It may be that the concept
we need to be able to use going forward will differ so much from what is
currently called "sequence point" that it would be more confusing than
not to try to continue to use the term.

--
Clark Nelson		Vice chair, J16 (ANSI C++ standard committee)
Intel Corporation
clark.nelson at intel.com