[cpp-threads] updates

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Jan 31 00:32:31 GMT 2006

I've been working on the strawman proposal.  It is hopefully now in
somewhat better shape.  It should reflect at least some of what was
posted here recently.  I think it's mostly internally consistent now.
And I'd like to know about places where it isn't.

(I probably accidentally omitted some suggestions.  I did choose not to
change the name of the "happens-before", since that has a history dating
back to Lamport's 1978 paper, with basically the meaning used here.  And
I personally don't like to reinvent terminology.  I changed a number of
the other relation names, and I'm generally less attached to them, since
I know of no precedent for them.)

Please look again at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/c++mm/mm.html .

I'd like to encourage specific corrections and additions (either as diff
files to the html source or as informal suggestions).

Thanks.