[cpp-threads] Update

Peter Dimov pdimov at mmltd.net
Tue Jul 11 23:10:58 BST 2006

Boehm, Hans wrote:
> [...]

That (fail with an error message) was the best I could come up with, too.
It's not a particularly important use case in my opinion.

As for the hard real-time guarantee, how would you meet that with a CAS that
doesn't fail spuriously? Non-spurious failures can also make the code miss
the deadline.

(Spuriously == because of false sharing?)