[cpp-threads] Policy question: c++std-ext, cpp-threads, and many-cc emails

Herb Sutter hsutter at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 1 21:55:52 BST 2006

A policy question -- would anyone object if I did the following:

- Asked Andy to add everyone on Cc: to c++std-ext. (Note that they have all attended last week's EWG/LWG concurrency ad-hoc face-to-face meeting, so they meet the bar I've been applying to approve requests by NB nonmembers to join the ISO C++ reflectors.)

- Deal with exceptions by letting anyone who didn't want to be added to -ext just ask Andy to be removed? (Or if you already know you don't want to, send me and Andy some mail.)

The reason I ask is to simplify communication, because we're having great discussions that I think are at a point that they now do routinely belong on c++std-ext (which is on these mail threads anyway). We could still cc: cpp-threads and omp-lang on these uses to continue our useful liaison cross-discussions, but even then at least we'd be down to "To: c++std-ext, Cc: cpp-threads, omp-lang" instead of the verbose lists we've been using throughout August.

How would that sound?

Herb