[cpp-threads] Web site updated

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Feb 13 22:48:43 GMT 2007

> From: Paul E. McKenney [mailto:paulmck at linux.vnet.ibm.com]
> These constraints seem completely at odds with any attempt to
> define something that works in a multithreaded environment.
I think that so long as we directly target only user-level threads, the
constraints still allow us to produce enough of a definition that we can
guarantee safety (as opposed to liveness) of multithreaded code.

You're concerned about the lack of liveness guarantees?  Arguably, we
already sort of have that problem for single-threaded code.  A
hypothetical one-instruction-per-millenium machine could already be
conforming, though it might be hard to sell.

Hans