[cpp-threads] A question about N2153

Raul Silvera rauls at ca.ibm.com
Thu Jan 25 21:00:41 GMT 2007

Yes. I think that anything else couldn't really be called ordered.
On PPC, it would require a leading sync and a trailing lwsync.

In most cases, the useful variant is the acquire RMW, which will be just a
trailing isync.

--
Raúl E. Silvera         IBM Toronto Lab   Team Lead, Toronto Portable
Optimizer (TPO)