[cpp-threads] Slightly revised memory model proposal (D2300)

Beman Dawes bdawes at acm.org
Tue Jun 5 03:27:03 BST 2007

On 6/4/07, Boehm, Hans <hans.boehm at hp.com> wrote:

> Attached is an early draft of a document with just the threads changes
> from N2171, adjusted a little as a result of feedback from Paul and
> others.

* I believe this paper should change 15.3, Handling an exception, paragraph
9, as indicated:

If no matching handler is found in a program *the current thread of
execution*, the function std::terminate() is called; whether or not the
stack is unwound before this call to std::terminate() is
implementation-defined (15.5.1).

* The proposal uses the terms "data race" and "inter-thread data race"
apparently to mean the same thing. It seems to me only "data race" should be
used - it is confusing to talk about inter-thread data races because the
qualification implies there is some other kind of data race, yet no other
kind of data race is described.

--Beman