[cpp-threads] Slightly revised memory model proposal (D2300)

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Jun 22 03:43:29 BST 2007

Thanks.

Does it?  As written, it applies.  But it doesn't really matter, since
the only use is in 1.10p11 in the definition of a data race, and it is
very explicit about atomic operations.  If you think this is still
confusing, I'd be inclined to just add a note.

> 11.10p7 Is the intent to make a.load(memory_ordering_seq_cst)
> count as a RMW operation?
Sort of, but for stores.

> 1.10p10 "scalarB" -> "scalar B"
>
> 6.5p5 "merging too loops" -> "merging two loops"
> "very week requirements" -> "very weak requirements"

Thanks.  All fixed.