[cpp-threads] Implicit Conversion for Atomics

Lawrence Crowl Lawrence at Crowl.org
Tue Jan 22 05:01:28 GMT 2008

In the October 2007 C++ meeting in Kona, I agreed to write up
a paper on the issues with implicit conversion operators on the
atomic types.  My first draft is attached.  As I have an opinion
on the issue, despite my best effort, I may not have been entirely
fair in my discussion.  As a result, I would be much happier with
coauthors.  If you feel that I have poorly characterized any issue,
or even missed one entirely, I invite you to provide text and join
me as a coauthor.

--
Lawrence Crowl