[cpp-threads] Implicit Conversion for Atomics

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Mon Jan 28 18:55:50 GMT 2008

I'm not sure I'd agree with that assessment.  It seems to me that this is one of lots of issues, which I'd have a hard time prioritizing.  Another major reason seems to be that these algorithms are often difficult to understand and adapt to the slightly different problems that people encounter in practice.  And when you add all the necessary details, the result may not perform acceptably, compared to the lock-based version.