[cpp-threads] Update on N2889/N2880/N2901

Herb Sutter hsutter at microsoft.com
Sun Jun 21 16:06:44 BST 2009

Update: Lawrence and I spoke on the phone a couple of times on Friday, and as of this moment we still have two async proposals, but we will work further this afternoon to see if we can yet converge our proposals into a unified async proposal. (Thanks again for your continued efforts, Lawrence!)

However, our chats on Friday have already illuminated a clearer(?) understanding of the N2880 issues that prompted us to agree that I write a paper that tries to more clearly lay out the fundamental issues involved.

Here is a draft of that additional paper, primarily for Lawrence's review but also for anyone else who's working on Sunday. Thanks,

Herb