[cpp-threads] C++ memory model (Anthony Williams)

Mark Batty mbatty at cantab.net
Wed Sep 16 12:27:39 BST 2009

Thank you for reading the document and posting your feedback, it is
extremely helpful.

> Re section 3.5 [...]

This part of the standard seems quite tricky to me, I don't think the
standard specifies it's meaning very well here and the style of
specification is at odds with the style of the rest of text on the
memory model. The suggestions I made in the current version of my
document still have big problems, and I concede that they don't help
much. I have been thinking about section 3.5 and have re-written it
with what I believe is a far better solution to the problems I
perceive. I will post the link to the new version shortly. I would be
interested to hear your views on the rewrite of section 3.5.

Mark