[cpp-threads] Coherence Requirement wording changes for 1.10p13

Hans Boehm Hans.Boehm at hp.com
Thu Aug 5 05:48:36 BST 2010

I looked at this and the corresponding section of the Batty et al paper.
The changes look good to me.  The WriteRead issue looks like a
longstanding bug, with the ReadWrite issue getting more recently
introduced.

(I wasn't immediately convinced by the WriteRead example, since I think
there is nothing in the example forcing the f->c modification order.
But on second thought it's trivial to enforce such a constraint.)

It's great that we have a proposed fix.  But I also agree that this needs
some baking time.

Hans