[cpp-threads] Sequential Consistency redux

N.M. Maclaren nmm1 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 20:50:11 GMT 2011

On Nov 18 2011, Alan Stern wrote:
>On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, Mark Batty wrote:
>
>My earlier response was wrong; Mark is correct.  Perhaps the easiest
>way to explain this is in terms of the "happens before" relation.

Thank both of you.  I am convinced.  I suppose that I should congratulate
the authors for producing something both as precise and as inscrutable
as the Algol 68 Report :-)

Amusingly, this case shows that the note in 1.10p12 is misleading, and
is therefore inappropriate!  Notes are there for clarification, and
that one doesn't clarify ....

Regards,
Nick.