Better living through software

Ben Hutchings's diary of life and technology

Email: • Twitter: @benhutchingsuk • Debian: benh • Gitweb: • Github:

Mon, 14 Nov 2016

Debian LTS work, October 2016

I was assigned 13.75 hours of work by Freexian's Debian LTS initiative and worked all of them.

I reviewed the fix for CVE-2016-7796 in wheezy's systemd, which needed substantial changes and a few iterations to get right.

I updated linux to the 3.2.82 stable release (and 3.2.82-rt119 for PREEMPT_RT), and added fixes for several security issues including CVE-2016-5195 "Dirty Cow". I uploaded and issued DLA-670-1.

In my role as Linux 3.2 stable maintainer, I made a 3.2.83 release fixing just that issue, and started to prepare a 3.2.84 release with many more fixes.

I cleaned up my work on imagemagick, but didn't go further through the backlog of issues. I put the partly updated package on for another LTS maintatainer to pick up.

posted at: 18:03 | path: / | permanent link to this entry