[cpp-threads] pthreads (was: RE: C++ Connections proposal)

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at metalanguage.com
Fri Apr 29 00:35:26 BST 2005

My opinion is that we can forge ahead and assume that capability. One
thing about a good standard is that is knows where to break with the
"bad ole days" and foresee future trends. Standardizing dead rats is the
easiest.

Old architectures that can't deal with that will have to generate code
to CAS it. Yes, it will be less efficient. If it's really important,
programmers can design around the problem. That's why programmers for
old architectures are paid big bucks :o)).

Andrei