[cpp-threads] pthreads (was: RE: C++ Connections proposal)

Alexander Terekhov alexander.terekhov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:55:10 BST 2005

On 4/29/05, Boehm, Hans <hans.boehm at hp.com> wrote:
> [...]

Both can use isolated<char> instead of char everywhere (with
sizeof(isolated<char>) >= sizeof(char), see also RTJ's stuff
for driver programming). That's not the case of C++ "native"
(POSIX with its restriction on char size aside for a moment)
because it is supposed to be "closer" to hardware, I believe.

regards,
alexander.