[cpp-threads] pre-Mont Tremblant paper

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Aug 26 01:04:24 BST 2005

I've attached an initial draft of the paper I would like to submit.

This is intended to be a high level explanation of where we stand and
why.

I have so far left the author list unchanged, which is almost certainly
wrong.  I've tried to at least somewhat reflect Peter and Alexander's
opinions.
If they agree, I'd be happy to add them.

I'd like to see:

1) Any needed discussion,
2) Suggestions, or preferably
3) Suggested corrections/additions to the text, ideally as
diff-generated patches to
the TeX file.  (If you don't do LaTeX, I'll correct whatever guesses
you make.  If you know LaTeX better than I do, send patches for the
formatting.)

The official deadline for this is tomorrow.  We can stretch it until
Sunday,
if necessary.

I believe Lawrence is planning to submit something separate for the
threads API.

Thanks.

Hans