[cpp-threads] Revised Atomic Paper

Lawrence Crowl Lawrence at Crowl.org
Fri Aug 3 03:04:53 BST 2007

I plan to submit the attached paper for the post-Toronto mailing.
The paper consists of edits to N2324.  Those edits have been
preserved in the HTML, so you can review any changes by simply
scrolling through.  Think of this paper as a checkpoint to ensure
that I have caught all the issues.

The major weaknesses are:

* The formal wording is missing, but you can see its shape in the
interface section.

* The recent discussion on compare-and-swap has not been incorporated
into the paper.

* The implementation section is lagging behind.

I plan to address these weaknesses, and incorporate any comments,
in time for the pre-Kona mailing.

--
Lawrence Crowl