[cpp-threads] Revised Atomic Paper

Ben Hutchings ben at decadent.org.uk
Thu Aug 16 03:15:17 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 16:34 -0700, Lawrence Crowl wrote:
> > Finally, "we do not employ have not yet employed" should say one
> > or the other!
>
> Hm.  That phrase includes deleted and inserted elements:
>
> Does your browser not show them distinctly?  If not, any idea why?

I used my mailer's inline view, which apparently doesn't have styles for
those elements.  Sorry for the noise.

> > In "Lock-Free Property", paragraph 1, "all operations are wait-free or
> > none of them are" is wrong and was probably supposed to say that about
> > the lock-free property.
>
> Hm.  Maybe you've been reviewing an earlier draft.  Caught that one
> as well.

The version I'm looking at is the only one I saw posted here, dated
2007-08-01.

> > The following sentences in the paragraph should be deleted.
>
> Which sentences?  I'm no longer confident in what I might guess.

"Therefore, there is a single wait-free query per type. However, the
proposal defines operations on the atomic_flag type to be wait-free."

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
For every complex problem