[cpp-threads] Slightly revised memory model proposal (D2300)

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Jun 22 03:22:30 BST 2007

Here are the latest revisions of:

The D2300 memory model.  I sort of followed Lawrence's semi-suggestion
and included sc stores (not loads) with RMW operations in defining
synchronizes with.  I also cleaned up the discussion of race-free
executions in a way that I think is necessary, but may require Clark to
clean up after my standardese again.

Some text (mm_rules) to be included in the atomics proposal to explain
how it meshes with the memory model.

The sequential consistency proof updated to reflect the memory model
revisions, and hopefully fixing some other issues.

Further bug reports would be appreciated.  The C++ paper deadline is
officially tomorrow.

Hans