[cpp-threads] seq_cst compare_exchange and store-load fencing

Hans Boehm Hans.Boehm at hp.com
Tue Jan 13 05:27:43 GMT 2009

[After finally catching up with this thread.]

I agree with the general conclusions and the fact that clarification would
help here.  I think Doug earlier suggested renaming "seq_cst" to something
like "maintain_sequential_consistency".  But just adding notes is probably
much less painful at this stage.  I would favor putting the notes into
the atomics section, together with the definition of memory_order_seq_cst.

It sounds like we need a library issue?