[cpp-threads] seq_cst compare_exchange and store-load fencing

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Jan 13 20:45:09 GMT 2009

I'd personally prefer to keep anything of interest only to users of explicit memory_order_... arguments out of 1.10, at least as much as possible.  I still hope and expect that this will be of interest to a relatively small number of low-level library implementors, who will have to read the atomics chapter in detail anyway.  Remaining users, who I would expect to use mostly locks, already have to plow through a lot of extra stuff, but I'd prefer to minimize that.