[cpp-threads] seq_cst compare_exchange and store-load fencing

Nelson, Clark clark.nelson at intel.com
Thu Jan 15 01:45:41 GMT 2009

> > It sounds like we need a library issue?
>
> How about the following?  If we are keeping hands off of section
> 1.10, then my suggestion about adding the definition of SC in 1.10
> is inoperative.

I think this is more than adequate as a statement of the issue. Thanks for putting it together, Paul.

Personally, I would rather not have sentences in the standard -- even in non-normative text -- that start with "if you want". But that's purely an editorial concern, and is no reason not to forward this to Howard.

Clark